Thanks to my husband as I had mentioned in my earlier post, we have IPL Cricket subscribed in our home. It is not a sport I tell you. It is a major production.
- Bollywood/Kollywood mascot/ambassadors for each team
- Celebrities and big corporations owning the teams
- Skimpily clad Redskins cheerleaders (They are fully clothed in matches held in Chennai.. Whatever!!)
- Musicians like Hariharan, Shivmani performing for the audience
- Bollywood music over the breaks
- Bollywood actors doing stunts during the breaks
- Strobe lights
- Players from all over the world playing for Chennai, Mumbai, Jaipur, Hyderabad etc.
- And oh yeah, I forgot, 20 overs of cricket
It is a production indeed! My belief that cricket matches are fixed is getting stronger by the day due to these productions!
But one thing, I have to agree is, some of the matches are thrilling and worth watching when comparted to the lousy movies that are shown in the TV.
Today’s Harbhajan slapping Sreesanth incident proved all my points true. It is a broaday production only!!